The Countryside Alliance at 20 – join the celebration
On 10th July 1997 120,000 people attended a rally in Hyde Park which was organised in response to the new Labour government’s commitment to banning hunting. It is acknowledged to mark the start of the Countryside Alliance as we know it.
While we always prefer to look forward not backwards, we want to hear and see your memories ahead of our 20th anniversary, so that we can celebrate the unity and love of the countryside that still exists.
If you took part in the rally, we’d love to see your photos of ‘then and now’. Maybe your family attended and are now grown up, or you hold a particular hope for the future of the countryside. To get involved, simply follow one of the steps below and help populate our interactive photo gallery of memories below.
How to get involved:
- Tweet your photos, memories, short anecdotes or hopes for the future of the countryside with the hashtag #CA20. Please tag @caupdates and so that we can retweet your memory
- Post your photos, memories or hopes for the future of the countryside on Facebook. Remember to add the hashtag #CA20
- Post your photos and memories on Instagram using the hashtag #CA20
- Email your photos and memories to [email protected] and we will add them to our interactive gallery below
- We will also accept your photographs by post. Please send all entries to Countryside Alliance (CA20), 1 Spring Mews, Tinworth Street London, SE11 5AN (Please note that we may not be able to return all photographs and copies are preferable)
If you have any questions please email [email protected].