The ‘Rural Oscars’ Are Back for 2017!
The Countryside Alliance Awards, nicknamed the ‘Rural Oscars’, are returning for their 13th year and supporters of rural businesses are encouraged to nominate now. Thousands of nominations will be submitted honouring the skills and produce, tradition, enterprise and the people who go the extra mile for their communities. New to 2017 is a pub category, enabling you to celebrate your favourite rural local.
From thousands of nominations seven regional champions from five categories will be invited to Parliament for the British finals, and in the presence of MPs and Ministers just five will be crowned British Champions.
Nominations have now closed.
Regional champions will be announced in March 2018, with Welsh businesses attending a special reception at the Welsh Assembly in Cardiff. The regional champions then advance to the British final, which will be held in April 2018 at the House of Lords.
There are several steps you can take to help promote and boost your nomination:
1. Download our Countryside Alliance Awards poster here
2. Promote your nomination on social media by using the hashtag #RuralOscars and including our awards GIF which you can download here.
3. Send a press release to your local newspapers. Please email us if you wish to use our template.
4. Download our petition paper here
5. Word of mouth – make sure you spread the word about your business as much as possible to help drum up extra support.
If you know a retailer who defies the “doom and gloom” tales of rural decline and brightens up your community then nominate them below for a COUNTRYSIDE ALLIANCE AWARD!
Meet last years winners:
The 5 categories are:
(click the category below to reveal the judging criteria)
Local Food / Drink
Village Shop / Post Office
New for 2017 is our ‘Pub’ category to recognise those businesses which are the heart of a rural community; which provide a spot for everyone to come together and enjoy rural life. Pubs promote rural heritage and we’re looking for those which go above and beyond.