12 small venison leg steaks, 20g fresh lemon-thyme, 100g diced onion, 250ml red wine, 100g diced carrot, 500ml veal stock, 100g diced celery, 50g chopped garlic, 100g diced leek, Milled salt & pepper.
- In a hot pan sear the venison steaks
- Add the onion, carrot, celery, leek and garlic to the pan
- Add the thyme, veal stock and red wine
- Season well and place pan in the oven at 160ºC for four hours
- Check regularly to ensure steaks are covered and not drying out (add liquid if required)
- Once cooked remove from oven and rest before serving.