600g Game Mix, 50g Diced Onion, 50g Diced Carrot, 50g Diced Celery, 50g Diced Leek, 50g Diced Butternut Squash, 30g Chopped Garlic, 20g Chopped Lemon Thyme, 250ml Veal Stock, 250ml Red Wine, 800g Cheddar Mash.
- Sear the game mix in a hot pan.
- Add the onion, carrot, celery, leek, squash, garlic and thyme.
- Pour in the wine and stock and simmer for one hour.
- Remove from the stove and correct the seasoning.
- Place into the serving dishes and top with the mash.
- Place under a hot grill until golden brown.
- Serve with hot buttered greens.