Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Serves: 2 persons
1 pheasant, split in half, backbone and all breast bones and thigh removed, leave the drumstick attached
2 tbsp mild good quality curry spice
200mls thick Greek yoghourt
1 tbsp runny honey
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
Salt and freshly milled black pepper
2 tbsp chopped fresh mint½ ripe mango, finely chopped
1 tsp ground turmeric
4 tbsp olive oil
Salt & pepper
• Mix all the ingredients for the dressing and leave to for 30 minutes.
• Place the prepared pheasants into a bowl add the curry spices and rub in well.
• Preheat the grill to its hottest setting, place the pheasants a non stick baking tray and rub well with oil and salt and pepper.
• Place under the hot grill and cook for about 8-10 minutes on each side, or until the juices run clear when pierced with a knife or skewer, and the bird is nicely glazed.
• You may want to place the birds on the bottom of the grill to cook through the drumstick, once the bird is nicely browned.
• Once cooked remove from the grill and leave to rest for covered with foil for a couple of minutes.
• Serve hot with the mango and mint dressing spooned over the top.