The National Trust AGM will take place this Saturday, 21st October at 10.30am.
To ensure National Trust members that are planning to attend are well-prepared, please find below some key details about the day to help make the day run as smoothly as possible.
Before you leave home, remember to bring your National Trust membership card with you because you will need it for registration. If you are unable to find it, you can register with the NT before the day to advise them the card has been lost so that they can email you a temporary card to print off. You can register your details here.
How to get to the meeting
The meeting is being held at the STEAM Museum, Fire Fly Avenue, Kemble Drive, Swindon, SN2 2TA.
By car from the motorway (south): exit the M4 at Junction 16 and follow the signs north for Swindon. Look for the brown information signs for the Outlet Centre, Heelis, STEAM and the North Car Park.
By car from the north: via Cirencester follow the A419 and take the A4311 to Swindon. Via Oxford follow the A420 and take the A4312 to Swindon. Follow the signs for Swindon. Follow the brown road signs for the Outlet Centre, STEAM and the North Car Park.
By rail: to Swindon railway station. The venue is approximately 10-15 minutes’ walk from the station. Turn right out of the station forecourt and follow Station Road until you reach the Great Western Underpass. Turn right into this pedestrian walkway and follow the marked route.
By taxi from the Swindon railway station: a taxi rank is located in the station forecourt. Suggested local taxis for booking a return journey are V-Cars on 01793 701701, or Swindon Station Taxis on 01793 205222.
FREE parking will be available at the North Car Park, across the road from STEAM and Heelis. For disabled visitors, parking will be available at the front of the STEAM Museum. When you register, remember to obtain your car park exit ticket to ensure you can exit without any requirement for payment.
To print off these instructions, which includes a MAP of the area, please click HERE.
On the day
- Registration will open at 9.30am
- The meeting starts at 10.30am so please arrive in plenty of time to register beforehand – refreshments and other facilities will be available once you have registered
- For free parking, remember to collect your car park exit ticket when you register
- Lunch – a selection of sandwiches and light refreshments will be served free of charge in the main hall
- Our Countryside Alliance representatives look forward to meeting up with you during registration and over lunch so please look out for them
9.30am Doors open at STEAM
Registration and refreshments
10.30am Morning agenda
- Welcome and introduction from the Chair
- Report from the Director-General
- Members’ questions
- Adoption of the annual report and accounts and appointment of the auditors
- Voting results on the elections to the Council
- Members’ resolution about the A303 at Stonehenge
1.30pm Afternoon agenda
- Members’ resolution for a cessation of trail hunting, exempt hunting and hound exercise
- A talk about land, outdoors and nature
For further details, refer to the National Trust website – https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/features/attending-the-members-annual-general-meeting