Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes in total
Serves: 4 persons
2 medium pheasant breasts, skinned
2 medium eggs, lightly beaten
3 tbsp condensed milk
2 tbsp cold water
Ground black pepper
Pinch dried chilli powder
½ tsp ground cumin
4 tbsp cornflour
Fine ground cornmeal or polenta
For Dipping Sauce
350mls shop bought mayonnaise
2 tsp fresh chilli roughly chopped
3 tsp Dijon mustard
Juice and zest 1 large lime
2 large spring onions roughly chopped
4 tsp chopped gherkins
3 tbsp chopped tarragon
100g finely chopped roasted red pepper (jarred are fine)
4 tbsp roughly chopped parsley
4 tsp sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
• Fill a medium frying pan with 2cm of rapeseed oil, then heat to roughly 175°C.
• Cut the pheasant into 2cm cubes, removing any sinew from the fillet and inner breast.
• Next mix the condensed milk with the water and eggs, then season well with the chilli powder, cumin and black pepper, then really mix well.
• Dust the meat with the cornflour, then place into the egg mixture, coat well.
• Then drop the small nuggets into the polenta and really coat well.
• Whilst the oil is heating, mix all the ingredients together for the dipping sauce, just place them all in a bowl and mix together.
• Fry the pheasant in small batches until golden brown, probably 3-4 minutes.
• Drain well, then sprinkle with a little salt
• Serve hot with the dipping sauce separately.