1 small venison haunch (1kg), 1 head of smoked garlic (chopped), 1 bunch of lemon-thyme (chopped), Milled salt & pepper.
- Pre heat the oven to 220ºC
- Score the hauch and rub in the salt and pepper
- Heat a roasting tray on the stove and sear the hauch both sides until caramalising starts
- Remove from the stove and rub in chopped smoked garlic and the thyme
- Place roasting tray in the oven for fourty five minutes for a rare-medium finish
- Remove from the roasting tray and rest for a minimum of twenty minutes
- Carve the hauch once rest time has lapsed