Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Serves: 2 persons
1 medium Bramley apple, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2cm pieces
The meat from 2 partridges, chopped into 2cm pieces
50g unsalted butter
175mls dry cider
¼ of a chicken stock cube
2 tbsp fresh tarragon, roughly chopped
Pinch of sugar
25g unsalted butter
• Melt the 50g unsalted butter in a non stick frying pan, until slightly golden and bubbling.
• Add the apple and gently sauté 2-3 minutes to colour slightly.
• Add the partridge and again, just colour slightly, but do not overcook.
• Remove the apple and partridge and keep warm.
• Add the cider and stock cube to the pan and bring to the boil, reduce by half.
• Add the tarragon, sugar, salt and pepper.
• Finally add the 25g butter and swirl through.
• Do not overcook the partridge the meat should be rose pink when cut open.