Casting for Recovery UK & Ireland is a unique and wonderful project run by The Countryside Alliance Foundation which marries support, counselling and fly fishing into an alluring weekend programme for ladies with breast cancer. Retreats are free of charge to lady participants and any lady who has, or has had, breast cancer is eligible to apply, subject to medical clearance. The itinerary incorporates advice, support, counselling, relaxation techniques and the beautiful sport of fly fishing. The focus is very much on moving forward. The retreats are delivered by trained facilitators including a psycho-social therapist, a health care professional (e.g. physiotherapist, nurse), as well as qualified fly fishing instructors and fishing guides. The project has its own website – www.castingforrecovery.org.uk through which ladies can apply to attend a retreat.
The 2019 dates for Casting for Recovery retreats are now confirmed as follows:
• 26-28 April – Coniston Hotel, Skipton, North Yorkshire
• 17-19 May – Garnffrwd Fishery/Diplomat Hotel, Llanelli, South Wales
• 21-23 June – Mount Falcon Hotel, Co. Mayo, ROI
• 26-28 July – Kimbridge on the Test, Romsey, Hampshire
• 13-15 September – Forbes of Kingennie, Broughty Ferry, Dundee
• 11-13 October – Brick Farm Lakes & Cooden Beach Hotel, Bexhill, East Sussex
Applications for the first three retreats open on 4 January – details as to how to apply will follow – and the others on a rolling basis after that.
For more information contact Sue Shaw on [email protected].
ITV Meets Casting For Recovery: