Discover Dorset game in a day, from the point of view of the game keeper, the butcher and the chef.
We start with bacon butties and pots of tea before heading out to the estate with the gamekeeper for a field craft activity!
Don’t forget your wellies!
- Game seasons
- Local game knowledge
- Plucking and cooking pheasant, wild duck, partridge & pigeon
- Whole venison butchery
- Game cookery and recipes
- Skinning and jointing rabbit
Typical recipes covered:
- Whole Roast Partridge, Tarragon & Grapes
- Pheasant Breast, Caramelised Apples & Curry Sauce
- Perfect Pink Wild Duck (demonstration)
- Rabbit with Red Wine and Prunes
This full day course is all about a hands-on and practical experience at the cookery school – we welcome all abilities.
Full day cookery courses generally include refreshments, a series of short cookery demonstrations, a take-home recipe pack and a 2 course lunch with a complimentary glass of wine (there are often goodies to be taken home too).
There is also a take home goodie-bag-recipe kit of braised rabbit.