Job Title: Dynamics CRM and Data Administrator
Reports to: CRM and Data Manager
Based at: Home-based with periodic requirements to attend head office in London
Hours per week: 22.5
Salary: £18,000 (£30,000 FTE)
Length of Contract: 6 months initially
- 7% Employer pension contribution
- Death in service
- Retail and leisure discounts
The Countryside Alliance is a campaigning organisation that promotes the rural way of life in Parliament, in the media and on the ground. We campaign for the countryside, for rural communities and for hunting and shooting.
We do this by publicising the economic, social and environmental contribution the countryside makes to the national economy and quality of life.
Our mission is to promote understanding and acceptance of the rural way of life and activities such as hunting and shooting in a managed landscape, protecting them from bias, misinformation and over regulation.
An exciting opportunity has arisen as we expand our CRM team to deliver our digital first strategy.
This role is responsible for supporting the CRM and Data Manager, the wider teams in the organisation in data processing and reporting as well as managing the CRM on a day-to-day basis.
This is a part time role of three days per week over a 6-month contract with the potential to further employment after review. The successful candidate will be working from home with a requirement to attend the head office in London when required and will report to the CRM and Data Manager.
- Administration and support of Dynamics 365 CE CRM System
- Maintaining the system on a day to day basis with on going changes
- Data quality check and determining good quality data
- Manage and train users of Dynamics 365
- Import data and ensure the process is accurate, consistent and the integrity and value of the database is maintained. Manage data transfer between systems.
- Provide quality and timely reports for internal teams and stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with GDPR and fundraising standards across the organisation
- Manage data cleansing processes and take relevant action in response to any compliance/security requirements and updates to guidance.
- Create and manage reports and visualisations as requested by colleagues.
- Create and maintain accurate supporter records, ensuring adherence with GDPR regulations.
- Create and build data files for external partners to fulfil monthly and weekly membership operations including monthly renewals and new member packs.
- Testing of new systems and integrations to the highest standards, ensuring the integrity of our infrastructure.
The candidate must be self-reliant, adaptive, objective, flexible, analytical and progressive.
Experience in the following is essential:
Ability to communicate with and motivate a wide range of people with excellent planning and organisational skills.
All employees have a responsibility to participate in regular performance appraisal with their manager and to identify performance standards of the post. As part of the appraisal process every employee is responsible for participating in identifying their own training and development needs to meet their KPI’s.
Countryside Alliance is committed to being an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from people irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex (gender), sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity and marriage and civil partnership.
How to apply
Please email Covering Letter and CV to Ben Dowdeswell ref: CRM and Data Analyst: email@example.com
Closing Date: Friday 17th September 2021