FISHING COACHES WANTED
Opportunity to join our coaching team in Wales
We are looking for qualified fishing coaches to join our Wales team, delivering Fishing for Schools to children and young people between the ages of 10-16. We work with young people who have special educational needs or who find academic work particularly difficult.
The role is on a self-employed part-time basis, typically term time, hours dependent on number of schools we are working with. We would be interested in hearing from coaches who could commit a minimum of 5 days per school year.
- Delivery of Fishing for Schools courses to a variety of schools and settings in Wales
- Attend preliminary visits with schools to work out a set of educational outcomes, based on a set of criteria that meets the schools needs and work within a given and agreed timetable.
- Agree deliverable aims and objectives in keeping with the students age and perceived ability.
- Follow up with schools and settings to complete evaluations and feedback from school staff and children/young people and submit in a timely manner to head office.
- Licensed coach with a Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Angling/1st4sport Level 2 Sport England accreditation, or equivalent, be Emergency First Aid at Work qualified and DBS checked.
- A confident, warm and welcoming manner with natural authority. Alert and adaptable.
- Passionate about fishing and the countryside as well as environmental issues.
- Skilled at helping children of all backgrounds and abilities to succeed and able to manage difficult situations with challenging young people.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected]
For enquiries, please contact us on 020 7840 9212.
Further information about Fishing for Schools and The Countryside Alliance Foundation can be found here.