We have a fantastic opportunity for a Marketing Intern to join our team at the Countryside Alliance. We are the campaigning organisation that promotes the rural way of life in Parliament, in the media and on the ground.
Marketing Intern (2 days a week)
||Digital Marketing and Communications Manager and Marketing Assistant
Thursday 21st March 2019 (5:00pm)
Main purpose of job
Support and deliver various marketing activities and projects (both online and offline), with a view to increasing awareness of Countryside Alliance to support income generation and membership growth.
||Download a PDF of the full job description
||To apply please send your cover letter and CV to [email protected]
This is a great time to get onboard with a series of exciting developments occuring in our digital spaces. You will work with a team of professional marketeers and agencies to help us deliver our strategy to grow membership and income for the organisation.
This is a varied role for 2 days a week and you will be exposed to the full marketing mix making this an ideal opportunity for someone who is passionate about marketing and wants to develop their career.
- Support the implementation of marketing plans, which enable the promotion of department activity including membership, campaigning, awareness building and fundraising.
- Write content for Countryside Alliance website and social media.
- Edit, update and test the Countryside Alliance website, regularly monitoring content for accuracy and relevancy.
- Assist with the development, creation, production and distribution of a range of branded marketing materials, including leaflets, posters, flyers and postcards as well as key communication tools.
- Monitor Countryside Alliance social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, paid Facebook advertising.
- Compile, collate data and update reports.
- Arrange meetings, take notes and communicate action points to all participants.
- Assist with the production and distribution of email marketing campaigns, to help promote business wide initiatives.
- Support the Digital Marketing and Communications Manager and Marketing Assistant with day to day delivery of marketing activities including producing schedules, plans and analysis.
- Update, manage and optimise the Google Ads Grant account to help promote membership, campaigning, fundraising and awareness building.
- Working towards or already have Degree Level Marketing Qualification or equivalent vocational experience
- Excellent writing skills with an ability to produce strong content both online and offline
- Computer literate including knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of marketing promotions including design and print
- Awareness of website CMS (Content Management Systems) e.g. Kentico, Wordpress
- Knowledge of business processes and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of social media e.g. Twitter, Facebook organic/paid, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn
- Good knowledge of paid search e.g. Google Ads
- Basic understanding of html
- Skilled in graphics software e.g. InDesign, Photoshop
- Basic understanding of email marketing software e.g. Dotmailer
- Familiarity with data protection principles
What we offer:
- A superb opportunity to learn and develop marketing skills
- Full training in a wide variety of marketing tools
- Work from a modern and friendly office in Vauxhall
- A passionate, dedicated and fun team culture
To apply please send your cover letter and CV to [email protected]
- This role is for 2 days per week.
- An hourly salary rate will be paid.
- This role is based at our London offices.
The Countryside Alliance is an equal opportunities employer and committed to the principle of diversity.