Job Title: Membership Digital Operations Manager
Reports to: Finance Director
Based at: London head office with flexibility to work from home
Hours per week: 37.5
Length of Contract: Permanent following a 6-month probationary period
- Employer pension scheme
- Death in service
- Retail and leisure discounts
The Countryside Alliance is a not for profit, membership based, campaigning organisation that promotes the rural way of life in Parliament, in the media and on the ground. We campaign for the countryside, for rural communities and for country sports.
We do this by publicising the economic, social and environmental contribution the countryside makes to the national economy and quality of life.
Our mission is to promote understanding and acceptance of the rural way of life and activities in a managed landscape, protecting them from bias, misinformation and over regulation.
An exciting opportunity has arisen as we expand our digital operations following the challenges of Covid-19.
Countryside Alliance has 50,000 paying members and over 100,000 supporters. Covid-19 has brought the opportunity to change how we engage and communicate with existing and potential members where digital comms have become increasingly important. The candidate will form an integral part of our new Digital First strategy.
Comms are pivotal to our work and our website is our front of house shop window. This role is responsible for developing and managing a new website and its operations to enable the organisation to increase our engagement with supporters and grow our membership base. You will work closely with all areas of the organisation to ensure that our communications strategy and policy is followed across the board together with seamless and efficient integration with CRM and other systems.
This is a full time and permanent role. The successful candidate will be able to work from home and our head office in London, reporting to the Finance Director.
- Manage the existing website as well as leading and managing the development of the website rebuild, liaising with and selecting the Membership Sales manager and 3rd party agencies.
- Fully responsible for all website content, ensuring one tone of voice across all areas of the business and adhering to our brand guidelines and communication policies.
- Working with the CRM and Data Manager to ensure all data is correctly collected and integrated with CRM
- Website testing and performance management
- Full data analytics and reporting, finding and reacting to trends to fuel continuous improvement and further development.
- Site usage and SEO enhancement
- Develop and manage eCommerce functionality for shop, donations and fundraising.
- Build and manage customer sales funnels and email journeys.
- Integrate e-Lobby functionality into website and manage with Campaigns team.
- Manage the ecommerce aspects of the website and the uploading of products.
We are looking for an individual who is analytical and data driven with a keen eye for detail and able to deliver to a very high standard. They must have excellent interpersonal skills to enable them to work effectively with and motivate a wide range of characters at many different levels. The ability to problem-solve, generate ideas that work and be productive under pressure is essential. We will ask to see results from previous employment / projects where clear growth and development have been achieved.
We require over 4 year’s experience in the following systems:
- MS Dynamics
- MS Office
- Digital marketing systems
- Email marketing including DotDigital
- Analytics including Google analytics, Data Studio, HotJar and Social analytics
- SEO understanding and CMS management
All employees have a responsibility to participate in regular performance appraisal with their manager and to identify performance standards of the post. As part of the appraisal process every employee is responsible for participating in identifying their own training and development needs to meet their KPI’s.
Countryside Alliance is committed to being an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from people irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex (gender), sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity and marriage and civil partnership.
How to apply
Please email Covering Letter and CV to Ben Dowdeswell ref: Membership Digital Operations Manager: email@example.com