Job Title: Membership Revenue Manager
Reports to: Finance Director
Based at: London head office with flexibility to work from home
Hours per week: 37.5
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000
Length of Contract: Permanent following a 6-month probationary period
- Employer pension scheme
- Death in service
- Retail and leisure discounts
The Countryside Alliance is a not for profit, membership based, campaigning organisation that promotes the rural way of life in Parliament, in the media and on the ground. We campaign for the countryside, for rural communities and for country sports.
We do this by publicising the economic, social and environmental contribution the countryside makes to the national economy and quality of life.
Our mission is to promote understanding and acceptance of the rural way of life and activities in a managed landscape, protecting them from bias, misinformation and over regulation.
An exciting opportunity has arisen as we expand our commercial operations following the challenges of Covid-19.
Countryside Alliance has 50,000 paying members and over 100,000 supporters. Covid-19 has brought the opportunity to change how we engage and communicate with existing and potential members where digital comms have become increasingly important. The candidate will form an integral part of our new strategy.
This role is responsible for growing membership revenue through acquisition and retention. You will work closely with all areas of the organisation to develop growth strategies and achieve set targets for the coming years. A proven track record in growing an organisation’s subscription base along with along with a knowledge of digital systems is essential.
This is a full time and permanent role. The successful candidate will be able to work from home and our head office in London, reporting to the Finance Director.
- Full responsibility for meeting growth, retention and revenue targets.
- Liaising with Campaigns team to develop marketing strategies.
- Produce marketing campaigns to generate and acquire new Memberships and subscribers.
- Ensure Email marketing to members and subscribers meets Campaigns and Commercial needs.
- Manage third party membership services centre dealing with customer service and inbound member queries.
- Manage lapsed memberships engagement, reacting to feedback and targets.
- Manage and develop all membership communications to include new memberships, renewals and welcome packs.
- Review and continually develop current membership benefits programme and category structure.
- Work closely and holistically with all areas of the business to understand and continually develop current and future campaigns, member data, digital comms and marketing, financial targets, non-financial targets and react to trends.
- Conversion of non-member contacts to members.
- Development of “digital first” approach to revenue generation and communication.
- Build relationships with external digital partners to increase the organic reach of marketing activity.
- Liaise closely with marketing team to build social media presence and drive membership.
- Develop a High Net Worth (HNW) programme to encourage donations and legacies.
- Ability to demonstrate effective ROI and manage budgets.
We are looking for an individual who is very target driven with proven success in a subscription-based revenue model from previous employment or projects. They must have excellent interpersonal skills to enable them to work effectively with and motivate a wide range of characters at many different levels. The ability to problem-solve, generate ideas that work and be productive under pressure is essential.
We require experience in the following systems:
- MS Dynamics
- MS Office
- Digital marketing systems
- DotDigital or Mailchimp
- Analytics including Google Analytics, Data Studio and Social analytics
All employees have a responsibility to participate in regular performance appraisal with their manager and to identify performance standards of the post. As part of the appraisal process every employee is responsible for participating in identifying their own training and development needs to meet their KPI’s.
Countryside Alliance is committed to being an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from people irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex (gender), sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity and marriage and civil partnership.
How to apply
Please email Covering Letter and CV to Mimi Glenn ref: Membership Revenue Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 4th Feb 2022