The work and campaigns of Countryside Alliance Ireland
Our vision is of a vital, working and thriving countryside for the benefit of the whole nation. We promise to be the undisputed champion of the countryside and our rural communities.
We keep our promise by:
- Campaigning for and maintaining the values of the countryside
- Defending the economy, the social infrastructure and traditions of the countryside
- Promoting the rights of people to take part in country pursuits
- Standing up for the interests of our members, and giving them authority and visibility
- Challenging unjust legislation
- Providing education about wider rural interests
- Being politically active, locally and nationally
Countryside Alliance Ireland has been active since the early 1960s, providing Irish sportsmen and women with high levels of information and advice and representation. Over the years as the political environment has changed we have evolved into a highly effective campaigning organisation. Countryside Alliance Ireland is governed by an elected Board made up from members throughout Ireland. The Board sets policy and oversees financial and operational matters. Countryside Alliance Ireland partner groups nominate members of the Board also, making it truly representative of country sports interests in Ireland.
For more information please take a look at our website.