There is no such thing as a standard Casting for Recovery retreat.
With retreats offered throughout the United Kingdom and Ireland each venue we use is unique, but the one thing they all have in common is that they have been hand-picked to provide women with an opportunity to experience their time in the peaceful surroundings of the countryside at beautiful venues.
Retreat dates in 2019
- 26-28 April – Coniston Hotel, Skipton, North Yorkshire
- 17-19 May – Garnffrwd Fishery/Diplomat Hotel, Llanelli, South Wales
- 21-23 June – Mount Falcon Hotel, Co. Mayo, ROI
- 26-28 July – Kimbridge on the Test, Romsey, Hampshire
- 13-15 September – Forbes of Kingennie, Broughty Ferry, Dundee
- 11-13 October – Arundell Arms, Lifton, Devon
- retreats run from Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon
- up to 14 women participate in each retreat
- each retreat is supported by a team of staff including healthcare volunteers , casting instructors and fishing guides
- Fly fishing techniques provide a gentle exercise for joint and soft tissue mobility. Lightweight equipment is used and no heavy lifting is required. No previous fly fishing experience is required.
- The retreat will include some walking on uneven terrain, reasonable adjustments will be made where possible.
- Each retreat is offered at no cost to successful applicants (please note participants are responsible for transport costs to and from the retreat venue)
Please note that places on retreat are subject to medical clearance. To achieve a positive experience for all retreat attendees the needs of each participant will be assessed for retreat suitability.
If you have any queries about our retreats, or would just like further information, please get in touch at [email protected] or visit our contact us page.