Let’s do something big together!
Fishing for Schools is setting a monster of a challenge to end 2019: raise £5,000 in a single day to enable 30 young people to participate in Fishing for Schools next year —and we can’t achieve it without you.
Each year on #GivingTuesday, charities and non-profit organisations rally their supporters for a day of maximum impact. Following the retail events of Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, and Cyber Monday, #GivingTuesday provides an opportunity for people around the world to support what matters most to them and share that support with their social media networks.
Please consider joining the charge to reach our goal on 3rd December 2019.
We would be grateful for any and all fundraising efforts in aid of Fishing for Schools. This year we are asking our supporters to get involved in a 'Fishy Cake Bake'.
You can participate by:
- Asking friends, family or colleagues to bake a cake decorated to a fish/fishing related theme. There is no obligation to bake - a shop bought cake that is decorated in fishy theme will be great!
- Asking your work catering team to dish up a fishy themed dessert and make a contribution to Fishing for Schools.
- Busy on the 3rd of December? Schedule your bake-off/fundraising efforts on a day and time that suits you. We only ask that you take some photos of your creations and email us your pictures to: email@example.com. We can share them on #GivingTuesday.
Other fundraising ideas:
If baking isn't your thing, here's some more fun ideas you can organise with friends or colleagues:
- Organise a 24 hour fish-athon and ask your friends to join in for a set period of time
- Host a fishing themed fancy dress party
- Organise a fishing fundraising quz and test your friends general knowledge
- Sponsored lunch with delicious fish filled sandwiches
- Make and sell flies
- Fundraising walk or running challenge
- Facebook Fundraising - Is your birthday coming up? Do you have a Facebook account? Instead of getting presents this year, why not ask for donations to Fishing for Schools. It's simple and easy to set up, why not set up an event for your birthday while you're there too?
- Instead of sending Christmas cards this year, why not make a donation to Fishing for Schools on the 3rd of December instead?
Spread the word!
Since #GivingTuesday relies on the limitless potential of social media, don’t forget to share, tag @fishing_schools, and use the hashtags #GivingTuesday #TurnYourTuesday and #FishyCakeBake
Paying in your donations:
Once your event is over, all that remains is for you to pay in your donations. There are different ways you can send us the money you raised:
1. Pay your money in online
Simply pay the funds in using our donation form online. We will send you a confirmation email after your have completed the form.
2. Send us a cheque
You can pay the funds raised into your own bank account and then send us a cheque for the total in the post. Cheques should be made payable to 'Fishing for Schools' and send to:
The Countryside Alliance Foundation
1 Spring Mews
Please remember that you should never send us cash in the post.
From all of us at Fishing for Schools, thank you for your support— on #GivingTuesday and every single day you help to further our cause.
Fishing for Schools is a project of The Countryside Alliance Foundation. Registered Charity Number: 1121034