Kingennie, Broughton Ferry, Angus, DD5 3RD
25th - 27th September 2020
Casting for Recovery retreats are only open to women who have been affected by breast cancer treatment and gives them the opportunity to learn the sport of fly fishing in a beautiful, natural setting to promote mental and physical healing.
Just as importantly, the retreats offer an opportunity to meet new friends, exchange information, and have fun. Our weekend retreats are free to attendees and incorporate health and well-being support and relaxation techniques. The retreats are delivered by health care volunteers, qualified fly fishing instructors and fishing guides.
- retreats run from Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon
- up to 14 women participate in each retreat
- each retreat is supported by a team of staff including healthcare volunteers , casting instructors and fishing guides
- Fly fishing techniques provide a gentle exercise for joint and soft tissue mobility. Lightweight equipment is used and no heavy lifting is required. No previous fly fishing experience is required
- The retreat will include some walking on uneven terrain, reasonable adjustments will be made where possible
- Each retreat is offered at no cost to successful applicants (please note participants are responsible for transport costs to and from the retreat venue)
- Please note that places on retreat are subject to medical clearance.
To achieve a positive experience for all retreat attendees the needs of each participant will be assessed for retreat suitability.
Who can apply to attend a retreat?
We are committed to social and economic diversity and welcome applications from women of all ages who have completed treatment for primary breast cancer and live in the UK and Ireland. To achieve a positive experience for all retreat attendees the needs of each participant will be assessed for retreat suitability subject to medical clearance.
Eligibility for a retreat includes:
- Women who are three months post completion of all active treatment for primary breast cancer, including all surgery, chemotherapy and radiotherapy. Applications will require medical clearance from an oncology doctor or GP.
- Women who continue to take hormone treatment or Herceptin are eligible to apply with medical clearance from their oncology doctor or GP.
Further information may be requested if required prior to confirming suitability for a retreat.
25 to 27 September, 2020
Kingennie, BROUGHTY FERRY, Angus, DD5 3RD