This recipe is simple as it comes and produces a fantastic lunch time snack. As usual it focuses on an old time classic with a game twist.
- 250g pheasant breast – minced
- 100g chorizo – minced, or sausage meat and 1 tablespoon of smoked paprika
- Half an onion – thinly diced
- 1 carrot or parsnip – thinly grated
- 1 table spoon of crushed chillies
- 1 table spoon of coriander
- 1 table spoon of chopped parsley
- 1 table spoon of thyme
- 2 crushed cloves of garlic
- 2 eggs
- 500g pre-rolled puff pastry
In a large bowl mix all the ingredients together, except for the puff pastry and one of the eggs.
Lay the pre-rolled puff pastry out on a flat surface that has been covered in a thin layer of flour. Sprinkle flour on the top side before applying the mixture in equal long shapes.
Whether you like thin or fat sausage rolls is completely up to you.
Whip the last egg up in a small bowl and apply the wash to all the visible pastry left and roll the pastry over the mixture.
Spread the egg wash over the top of the sausage roll.
Cook in the oven at 175oC for 15-30 minutes (depending on size), and leave the sausage roll to rest for ten minutes before diving in…