Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
Many thanks to Mark Hix for allowing us use of this fantastic recipe.
- 500g of grouse breasts,other game can be used
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A good knob of butter
- 50-60g small salad and herb leaves, such as celery leaves, pea shoots, chives, chickweed
- 30-60g blaeberries or blueberries, washed
- Dressing 6 tbsp cold-pressed rapeseed or olive oil
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
To prepare the salad, season the grouse and pan-fry very briefly in the butter, so that they stay pink. Transfer them to a warmed plate and leave to rest, saving the juices.
Make the dressing by mixing the oil and vinegar with any cooking juices, and season to taste.
To make the salad, toss the dressing with the leaves and arrange on plates. Slice the grouse thinly and scatter over the leaves and the berries.