We've got another delicious recipe from Eat Wild that's easy to prep and cook. This Partridge and Chorizo Paella is sure to be a hit in the kitchen!
- x1 tbsp olive oil
- x4 partridge breast fillets, cut into chunks
- x2 small onions, finely sliced
- x1 fat garlic clove, crushed
- 140g cooking chorizo, sliced
- x1 tsp turmeric
- A pinch of saffron
- x1 tsp paprika
- 300g paella rice
- 850ml hot chicken or vegetable stock
- 200g frozen peas
- x1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Half a small bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a deep frying pan over a high hear. Brown the partridge all over - don;t cook completely. Once browned, transfer onto a plate.
- Reduce the heat to low, add the onions and cook slowly until softened, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic, stir for 1 minute, then toss in the chorizo and fry until it releases its oil.
- Stir in the spices, then tip in the rice. Stir to coat the rice in the oils and spices for about 2 minutes, then pour in the stock.
- Bring the rice to boil, return the partridge to the pan, and simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the peas to the pan, and simmer for a further 5 minutes until the rice is cooked and the partridge is tender.
- Season well and serve with lemon and parsley and parmesan if you fancy it.