Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 45 mins
- 3 partidges
- 50g butter
- 6 slices pancetta
- 6-8 thick slices ciabatta or country style bread
- A little extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 round buffalo mozzarella, torn into chunks
- 2 large vine-ripened tomatoes
- 6 sunblush tomatoes
- Handful basil leaves, torn
- 1-2 tbsp Taggiasca olives
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
Smear the partridges well with butter and wrap each one with 2 slices of pancetta. Place in a roasting tin and cover with foil. Cook in the oven for 30 minutes, then remove the foil and roast for a further 10 minutes or until the juices run clear. Leave to cool slightly.
Drizzle a little oil over the bread and toast or chargrill on one side, then rub the toasted surface with the cut garlic and sprinkle over a little oregano. Slice the partridge and layer equally onto the toasted bread with the mozzarella, tomatoes, sunblush tomatoes, basil and olives.