Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
- 1 oven-ready pheasant, jointed into 2 boneless breasts and 2 legs
- 2 tbsp good quality mild curry powder
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 200ml thick Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- ½ ripe mango, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
Mix all the ingredients for the dressing and leave for the flavours to mingle for 30 minutes.
Place the pheasant pieces in a bowl add the curry powder and rub in well.
Preheat the grill to its hottest setting. Place the pheasant pieces on a non-stick baking tray and rub with oil, salt and pepper.
Place under the hot grill and cook for about 8-10 minutes on each side, or until the juices run clear when pierced with a knife or skewer, and the skin is brown.
Once cooked, remove from the grill and leave to rest covered with foil, for a couple of minutes.Serve hot with the mango and mint dressing spooned over the top.