Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 18 mins
- 4 pheasant breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 250ml(1/2pt) créme fraiche
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley to garnish
- Boiled potatoes
- 2 baby cabbages, lightly boiled and quartered
- Caraway seeds (optional)
1. Heat the oil and butter together in a heavy based fry pan. Add the pheasant breasts and cook until tender. Approx 5 minutes on either side.
2. Add the créme fraiche and paprika and stir. Leave to simmer for 8 mins.
3. Serve onto a plate and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve with potatoes and a quarter cabbage sprinkled with caraway seeds.
NB. For an alternative to cabbage why not use fresh green beans or broccoli.