Preparation time: 40 mins
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 2 skinless pheasant breasts, cut into 2cm cubes
- 3 tbsp condensed milk
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Pinch dried chilli powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- Ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp cornflour
- Fine cornmeal or polenta
- 350ml mayonnaise
- 2 tsp fresh red chilli, roughly chopped
- 3 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 2 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 4 tsp chopped gherkins
- 3 tbsp chopped tarragon
- 100g roasted red pepper (from a jar is fine), finely chopped
- 4 tbsp roughly chopped parsley
- 4 tsp sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Mix the condensed milk with the water, beaten eggs, chilli powder, cumin and black pepper. Dust the meat with the cornflour, then place into the egg mixture, stirring to coat. Then drop the small pheasant nuggets into the cornmeal or polenta and coat well.
Fill a medium frying pan with 2cm of rapeseed oil, then heat to roughly 175°C.
Whilst the oil is heating, mix all the ingredients together for the dipping sauce in a bowl.
Fry the pheasant in small batches for about 3-4 minutes until golden brown.
Drain well. Sprinkle with a little salt and serve hot with the dipping sauce.