Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
- 6 pheasant breasts, cubed
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 50g Thai green curry paste
- 400ml coconut milk
- 3 tbsps fresh coriander, chopped
- 200g bean thread noodles
- 2 tbsps sunflower oil
- Small piece root ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 small fresh chilli, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp thai fish sauce (nam pla)
- 2 tsps caster sugar
- 3 tbsps lime juice
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- A handful of Thai basil leaves
Fry the pheasant cubes for 5-7 minutes in a wok or large saucepan until cooked. Drain off any remaining oil, then stir in the curry paste and coconut milk. Simmer gently for about 8 minutes. Then stir in the coriander.
Meanwhile soak the noodles in warm water until soft, then drain well.
Heat the oil and fry the ginger, garlic and chilli for a minute. Add the fish sauce, sugar, lime juice and chilli flakes. Stir in the noodles. Add the spring onions and basil and serve at once with the cooked pheasant.