Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 pheasant breast fillets
- 2 whole unpeeled garlic cloves
- 200g wild mushrooms (morel, chanterelle)
- 4 tbsp dry white wine
- 2 tbsp finely chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped soft fresh thyme
- 1 (135g) bag watercress, spinach and rocket salad
- 2 nectarines, stoned and sliced
Pour 1 tbsp oil into a large heavy based frying pan, add the whole garlic cloves then set the pan over a medium heat. When the oil is hot fry the pheasant breasts for 2-3 minutes each side until lightly browned and just cooked through. Transfer them to a board, leave to rest for a few minutes, then slice.
Heat the remaining oil to the pan, add the mushrooms and fry for 1-2 minutes. Pour in the wine and allow to bubble rapidly for a second or two. Remove from the heat. Add the red onion and thyme. Season.