Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 5 mins
- 4 venison steaks or 1 piece of venison fillet weighing approx 750g 1kg
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil and a knob of butter
- Pappardelle Pasta
- 3 tomatoes, skinned, de seeded and chopped
- 4 spring onions
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- ½ cucumber, chopped
- fresh mint, finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- sprig of basil
Brush the venison steaks with a little olive oil and season. Cook under a hot grill on both sides. During grilling brush with a little oil and butter.
To make the salsa mix all the ingredients together and season to taste.
Cook the pasta according to the instructions. Drain and toss in oil. Serve the venison steak with pasta and some salsa.