The Countryside Alliance has written to all parliamentary candidates, for whom we have contact details, asking them to sign up to six key pledges:
– Delivering full digital connectivity.
– Mandatory country of origin food labelling.
– Tackling crime in rural areas.
– Opposing unjustified restrictions on firearms and punitive increases in the cost of licences.
– Making Post Offices the front office of government.
–Taking an evidence-based approach to wildlife and environmental management, opposing any further restrictions on legitimate rural activities such as hunting, shooting and fishing.
What to do
Whether candidates in your constituency have responded or not, we need all Countryside Alliance members and supporters to email their candidates and ask them to support these pledges to show the strength of the rural vote.
To find out how your candidates responded and to contact them click here to enter your details.
Please note that information is not available for all candidates, but the data will be kept as up to date as possible.
Please copy any responses from candidates to email@example.com