The Countryside Alliance and This is Hunting UK are pleased to announce that the popular Hunting Newcomers' Week is back for 2019, taking place across the country from the 19th to the 26th October.
With demand for this week as high as ever we are inviting any registered mounted or foot packs - including foxhound, beagle, harrier, basset, draghound and bloodhound packs - to organise a specific meet, or to organise an activity such as a tour of their kennels during this designated week to give everybody an opportunity to get involved with their local pack.
Hunts that organise a specific meet or event to celebrate newcomers’ week are this year being offered a Countryside Alliance Hunt Map to put up at their kennels or to use at their discretion to raise hunt funds either as an auction or raffle prize.
Hunts are invited to send us details of any newcomers’ meets or events being planned so we can advertise them in the Newcomers’ events listing below and send out their free hunt map. For further details or to receive supporting literature please email [email protected]
Hunting Newcomers' Events and Dates
This page will be updated periodically. Please check back for more events and dates in your area but if you are unable to find details of local newcomers’ events, please click here to find your nearest pack then contact the hunt secretary directly.
New Forest Hounds – Saturday, 5 October
Surrey Union - Saturday, 5 October at 2pm
- Ideal for anyone new to hunting who wants to give it a go! Cap: £25
- Full details available from the hunt secretaries via their website.
South Notts Hunt – Saturday, 12 October
- Children’s and Newcomers’ meet at 9.30am on Saturday 12 October in Thurgarton, Nottinghamshire, NG14 7GT.
- The meet will be suitable for lead rein upwards and enthusiastic cross-country cyclists!
- Optional jumping, mainly hunt fences, small hedges, ditches and a stream crossing or extended water/streamed area. Larger hedges may be available for more advanced riders and horses.
- Followed by BBQ and social. Approx 2 hours.
- £15 children/PC members, £30 adults, cyclists £5
- Further enquiries should be made to Mrs Sophie White MFH, tel: 07947136228
East Kent Hunt with West Street - Saturday, 19th October
Meynell and South Staff Hunts
- All newcomers are welcome, we just ask that you book in with Rachel Morley at [email protected] or call on on 7889 083194 so that we have a rough idea of numbers, and can give you any more information you require!
- Adults - £20
- Children - £10
- Further information available at www.mssh.co.uk/newcomers-and-visitors
Saturday, 19 October
- 8:00am at Cutler Park, Mercaston DE6 3BL
Tuesday, 22 October
- 8:00am at Bently Hall, Alkmonton DE6 3DJ
Satuday, 26 October
- 9:30am at The Deer Park, Hoar Cross DE13 8QR
Crawley & Horsham Hunt - Tuesday, 22nd October
Kimblewick Hunt- Thursday, 24th October
- Contact the hunt secretary, James Green, on 07768026962, for further details
Lauderdale - Saturday, 26 October
- Meet at 10am
- Please contact hunt secretary Claire Armet for further details - [email protected]
The Bilsdale Hunt
HH (Hampshire Hunt) – Saturday, 26 October
Morpeth Hunt – Saturday, 26 October
- To be followed by a BBQ, all welcome.
- For further information please contact the Hon Secretary - [email protected]
Hursley Hambledon – Wednesday, 30 October at 10am
- Suitable for adults & children. A newcomers’ meet gives those who are new to hunting the perfect occasion to try it for the first time, mounted, lead rein or on foot.
- You will be welcomed at the meet and throughout the day you will have access to our experienced hunt masters and followers who will explain the days hunting activity to you and answer any questions you may have.
- After this we invite you to come and join members of the Junior Hunt Club, Pony Club and the rest of the team for a BBQ!
- £20 Adult and £10 Juniors (18 & under)
- Contact Helen Coker, [email protected] / 07746808320 for further details or visit www.hursleyhambledon.com
A newcomer’s guide to hunting
This booklet is the perfect guide for someone who wants to get into hunting