Updated 14th May 2021
On Monday 17th May, the following changes to COVID-19 restrictions and regulations will take place:
- Indoor hospitality can re-open to six people from up to six households (not including children under the age of 11)
- All holiday accommodation can re-open fully
- Entertainment venues, including cinemas, bingo halls, bowling alleys, indoor play centres and areas, casinos, amusement arcades, and theatres can re-open
- Cinemas, theatres, concert halls and sports grounds can sell food and drink as long as it is consumed in a seated area for watching the performance
- Indoor visitor attractions, including museums and galleries can re-open
- Up to 30 people can take part in organised indoor activities, including wedding receptions and wakes
For more information on current guidelines in Wales, visit the Gov.Wales website.
Exercise (including fishing) will be allowed, either alone, with members of your household or up to four people from two different households (one of which, being your own). However according to the Welsh Government regulations exercise should start and finish at home:
”Your exercise should start and finish from your home and generally, this should not involve people driving to a location away from home. However, we recognise that some people, such as those with specific health or mobility issues, may need to travel from their home in order to exercise.”
Effectively this means you should walk or cycle to the venue only, unless disability prevents you from being able too.
During the alert level 4 lockdown travel to go fishing in Wales and travel to and from England to go fishing will be restricted.
Read the guidance here
Please check current travel restrictions. In some instances it may not be possible to go to the area you intend to travel to, especially if you intend on travelling outwith the country in which you reside.
- Click here to read a statement on guidance for shooting in Wales
- Wales will go into Tier 4 restrictions from Monday 28th December. More details available here.
- The COVID Countryside code
- Government Coronavirus Action Plan
- During this challenging time, it’s really important that we take care of ourselves and others, no matter where you live. Here is some advice from the Welsh Government on how to look out for each other safely
- If you’re looking for coronavirus health advice relating to social distancing, medical help and stay at home guidance as well as some background information relating to the Government strategy, you can Welsh Government coronavirus health advice here
- Get coronavirus support as an extremely vulnerable person
- As you will be aware, schools have now closed to most pupils due to the coronavirus pandemic. You can find more information about how the closure of schools will work, including that which relates to exams and assessments here
- Area Statements - these are tools to ensure we all build resilient ecosystems while maximising the benefits from them. You can find the Area Statements for South East, South Central, South West, North East, North West and Mid Wales here.
- The Deputy Minister has urged people to exercise responsibly, relaying the guidance on what to do when you're out for your daily exercise. You can read this here.
- In light of the importance of outdoor exercise in these difficult times, Natural Resources Wales and the Welsh Government have developed some key messages to support people to do this responsibly in line with government guidance. You can download and share these in English here and in Welsh (Cymraeg) here.
- New legislation has been introduced on the use of Public Rights of Way to limit the risk of spreading coronavirus.
- Your business may be eligible for support from the new Economic Resilience Fund. Full details on the eligibility criteria can be found here.
Businesses, employees and employers
Public Health Wales have put together a section on their website dedicated to ‘Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) which you can see here.
Other useful links
Here you will find additional links that may be helpful for any other questions you have, that the above hasn’t answered for you.