The Countryside Alliance's annual Countryside Clean Up is back, and we have been encouraging...Read more
The Countryside Alliance is looking forward to welcoming members and supporters on Countryside Day at Cheltenham Racecourse on Friday, 17 November. Countryside Day opens Cheltenham’s three-day November Festival and is one of the highlights of the National Hunt calendar for many of our supporters.
To enable those attending Countryside Day to make the most of their day, we have put together some useful information below:
- Gates open at 10.30am with the first race scheduled at 1.10pm. There are six races on the card including the Glenfarclas Cross Country Steeplechase at 2.20pm.
- Hounds in the parade ring: beagles and foxhounds will be in the parade ring at 11:00am as part of the array of countryside activities taking place before racing starts. Please arrive in plenty of time to show your support for the hounds.
- Parade of Champions and hunt staff: in support of our charity partner, British Equestrian Team: Mission Paris, Ros Canter, William Fox-Pitt, Carl Hester, Charlotte Dujardin and other well-known Olympic equestrians will parade alongside hunt staff from local packs of hounds. This will start in the Parade Ring at 12.15pm before those parading will go out onto the course in front of the grandstand. We hope that you will give all those taking part a warm welcome.
- Silent auction: The Countryside Alliance silent auction closes at 4pm on race day. There are some fantastic lots available with something for all country sports enthusiasts as well as a wide range of other unique lots ranging from handbags and holidays to garden design. You can bid online here or by visiting the silent auction marquee beside the Shopping Village on race day.
- Countryside Alliance members are welcome to visit the dedicated Countryside Alliance Members’ Area which is situated in Marquee 4 (next to the Shopping Village). This wonderful facility provides a great base for the day, offering an opportunity to study the race card in comfort, buy refreshments and take advantage of the betting facilities available inside the marquee. You can also meet members of the Alliance team who will be on hand to discuss our campaigning work.
- Christmas cards and gifts: our latest Christmas cards, calendars and other gift ideas – including the Cheshire Hunt’s Hunting For A Recipe and The Way It Was by Ian Farquhar – will be available to purchase at our trade stand (number 49), located inside Marquee 3 in the Shopping Village.
Every year the Countryside Alliance partners with a nominated charity and this year we are delighted to be supporting British Equestrian Team: Mission Paris. Your support on Countryside Day will help to support our important campaigning work as well as raising vital funds to help our British Equestrian Teams in their quest for medals at the Paris 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
We look forward to returning to Cheltenham on Friday for what promises to be another wonderful day at Countryside Day.
Download the Cheltenham 2023 Map
Download the map for Cheltenham Countryside Day which highlights key areas, such as the Countryside Alliance Members' Area.Download now