A vote on the future of trail hunting, exempt hunting and hound exercise on land owned by the...Read more
At the National Trust AGM on 30th October 2021 there will be a vote on a members' resolution which proposes to ban trail hunting, hound exercise and exempt hunting on National Trust land. We are urging National Trust members to vote AGAINST this resolution.
Please find below details of how to vote which can be in person at the AGM, or by proxy either online or by post.
Please note that your vote will only count if it is submitted by 23:59 on Friday, 22nd October 2021.
1. Click HERE to visit the National Trust's voting page.
2. When you are ready to vote, click the LOG IN button and then enter your first name, surname, National Trust membership number and your postcode.
3. Click on the VOTE button next to the AGM Resolutions option
4. If you wish to attend the AGM in person, please tick the box, enter your email address then click on "Next page" and then click on the "Submit" button.
5. If you are unable to attend the AGM, tick the other box where it states "Appointment of proxy and instructions on voting on the resolutions". This appoints the Chair to vote on your behalf. There is no option to appoint another named proxy this year so you either have to attend the AGM to vote in person, or nominate the chairman to vote for you.
6. Select how you wish to vote on up to nine of the resolutions listed by ticking the appropriate boxes. PLEASE NOTE – the Chair will vote in accordance with any voting instructions shown as marked in the boxes to the right with a cross (X) but if you do not give any instructions, the Chair of the meeting will vote as he/she thinks fit, or may abstain.
WE RECOMMEND THAT THOSE WHO SUPPORT LAWFUL TRAIL HUNTING ACTIVITIES SHOULD INSTRUCT THE PROXY TO VOTE AGAINST THE MEMBERS' RESOLUTION RELATING TO TRAIL HUNTING (NUMBER 3 IN THE LIST). Voting AGAINST the resolution means that you wish trail-hunting to continue on National Trust land.
7. Click the 'Next Page' button.
8. Review your choices, then click on the "Submit" button.
You can learn more about the voting process HERE, including details about how to vote by post.
We aim to keep our members and supporters as up-to-date as possible on the key rural issues that we are campaigning for, including those relating to the National Trust. National Trust member? Click here to sign up to our dedicated newsletter. It takes seconds!