Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
- 4 partridges (1 per person)
- 3 tbsps soy sauce
- 150ml (150ml) water
- 50g (2 oz) butter
- streaky bacon
- 2 medium pears, sliced
- 125g (4oz) Stilton or similar blue cheese
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Wholegrain mustard dressing (optional)
1 Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. Wipe the birds and place a knob of butter inside each of the birds. Cover with rashers of streaky bacon.
2. Put the birds in a roasting tin, mix the water and soy sauce together and pour into the bottom of the pan. Cover with foil
3. Place in the middle of the oven and cook for about 20 minutes.
4. To prepare the pears: melt the remaining butter in an oven proof dish and toss the pears in the hot butter. Place on the top shelf of oven for 10 minutes to soften and slightly brown. At the same time remove foil from the partridges and give a final 10 mins roasting time.
5. The partridges are ready to serve when the juices run clear. Allowing one partridge per person serve with slices of pear, a little dressing (optional) and cheese shavings. Garnish with crispy bacon.
6. Serve with baby potatoes and sliced green beans.